Jeep Liberty AC Compressor R&R
Jeep Liberty A/C Compressor
2002 Jeep Liberty AC Compressor
2003 Jeep Liberty AC Compressor
2004 Jeep Liberty AC Compressor
2005 Jeep Liberty AC Compressor
1. Recover the refrigerant from the refrigerant system.
2. Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable. 3. Remove the serpentine drive belt.
4. Disconnect the wire harness connector from the A/C clutch field coil. 5. Depending on the engine usage, remove the bolts or nuts that secure the suction and discharge lines to the A/C compressor and remove and discard the O-ring seals. 6. Install plugs in, or tape over all of the opened refrigerant line fittings and compressor ports. 7. Remove the bolts or nuts that secure the A/C compressor to the engine
8. Remove the A/C compressor from the engine compartment.
NOTE: If a replacement A/C compressor is being installed, be certain to check the refrigerant oil level. See Refrigerant Oil Level in this group for the procedures. Use only refrigerant oil of the type recommended for the A/C compressor in the vehicle. (this new compressor comes with a full charge of oil)
1. Position the A/C compressor into the engine compartment.
2. On the 3.7L gasoline engine install all mounting bolts hand tight, then tighten the mounting bolts in the following sequence: The rear bolt to 55 N·m (41 ft. lbs.). The front inboard bolt to 40 N·m (30 ft. lbs.). The front outboard bolt to 55 N·m ( 41 ft. lbs.).
3. Remove the tape or plugs from the opened refrigerant line fittings and compressor ports.
4. Lubricate new rubber O-ring seals with clean refrigerant oil and install them on the discharge and suction line fittings. Use only the specified O-rings as they are made of a special material for the R-134a system. Use only refrigerant oil of the type recommended for the A/C compressor in the vehicle.
5. Install the suction and discharge lines onto the A/C compressor.
6. Install the bolts or nuts (depending on engine application) that secure the suction and discharge lines to the A/C compressor. Tighten the bolts or nuts to 28 N·m (20 ft. lbs.).
7. Connect the wire harness connector to the compressor clutch field coil. 8. Install the serpentine drive belt.